NOTE>> *Any questions? Just note me or ask in the comments. I'll help you out as clearly and best as I can to make sure this process is easy and simple for you~*
Since I use Mass Markings 3/MM3, I'll be looking at the download links. --->> themammons.forumotion.com/t54-… OR www.mediafire.com/?j3iw4t988ba… <<---
[Copy and paste or click the link(s)]
IMPORTANT NOTE>> *Remember where you saved the markings file you just downloaded. It can be quite stressful and time-consuming if you don't know it's location. I recommend placing the file on your desktop, along with a shortcut to your Feralheart folder and/or downloads folder.*
After you've completed this step, simply see if you have an extracting programs. The most common ones are Winrar, Winzip, and 7-Zip. I use 7-Zip, but all three will do the job. All you have to do is find a download and set up the program so you can start extracting. Simple as pie.
Once you've gotten your extracting program, or are ready to use it, scroll over the downloaded markings file and scroll over "Open with" to find the extraction program you have/downloaded. Once doing so, scroll over the program, or click, and see if there's a "Extract Here/Extract Files" option. By doing this, you'll be able to access the file and place the pieces where they belong. This starts the tricky part, but it gets easier once you do it a few times.
IMPORTANT NOTE>> *You can NOT use any mods for Feralheart unless you have an extracting program. If you do not, please download one and save everyone's ears. Like I said, try searching up Winrar, Winzip, or 7-Zip.*
1. Go to the folder, "Computer."
2. See that file, yes, that one with a giant smile.~ Click on it.
3. You see a folder named "Feralheart" correct? Good, this folder is now your best friend. Make a shortcut on your desktop if you have trouble finding it in future cases or ask for help.
4. Have you found the "markings.cfg" yet? If you have, drag it into your main FH folder. Don't do anything else, just drag and click, "Yes, replace." Make sure you keep a copy of the original in-case you don't like the markings or something happens. It can be tricky finding the original file, meaning, you'll have to re-download Feralheart to restore your game.
5. Now, go back to the file you downloaded. Good, you see all those other files? If it's in a folder, it would be labeled something around "Textures". Otherwise, it's all those scattered files aside from the "markings.cfg". Scroll over them all. Yes, make them all blue so that you have a collection of all the files at once.
6. Now that you have them, go back to your main Feralheart folder. See the folder inside labeled "Media"? Click on it. There should be a folder inside that media folder labeled "Textures". This is your friend when you want to replace most of the textures the game has and you don't like, such as scenery, flora & fauna, sky, portals, markings, feline/canine textures, etc.
7. Once the textures file is opened, go back to your downloaded file and drag them all over to the textures folder. Remember, don't do anything but drag and click "Yes, replace". You won't get the markings any other way.
8. After this, restart your Feralheart. If the markings aren't there or aren't showing up, simply replace the markings.cfg and texture/mesh/etc. files. Basically repeat the process from 1-8. If that doesn't work, try a different markings pack or try on a different computer.
Hope this helps!